Your privacy is very important to us. In general, information about yourself is not required when you visit East Kentucky Power’s website. To evaluate our site and improve our service to you, our web servers automatically collect standard information, including internet provider address, browser type and access time. This information is used to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the sites, number of pages viewed, and methods by which our site was found.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.